Commodity Originator – Amsterdam
Our client is one of the European market leaders in the generation of renewable energy and is primarily active in Scandinavia, Germany, UK and the Netherlands.
Together we discover renewable energy solutions. We also have a significant stake in the growing wind energy market in Western Europe.
We are a dynamic company with an international focus and a social face at the heart of society. Our goal is to make fossil-free living possible within one generation.
Business Area (BA) Markets maximises the value of client’s portfolio by optimising and dis- patching, hedging and sourcing for client’s assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment.
We serve as single market access to energy commodity markets trading in gas electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are the architects and owners of algorithmic trading solutions and manage the risk for the company wide gas positions.
We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with around 500 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and The UK.
Within Markets, the Business Unit Customers is responsible for the Commodity Origination business. We offer our customers the opportunity to trade energy commodities, providing portfolio manage- ment services and generate profitable origination transaction.
In addition, we take over the optimization and market integration of renewable assets.
We are now looking for several Commodity Originators to strengthen our team.
As our Commodity Originator you ́re expected to identify, develop, negotiate and implement new business opportunities as well as maintaining regular semi-standard business in order to develop our trading business and mitigate our risks.
The focus is on structured energy commodity transactions and non-standard contracts covering power, gas, green certificates, CO2, biomass and hydrogen, where Origination acts as the single interface to the market.
You will work in close cooperation with our trading unit, as well as other important stakeholders. Deal closing includes all internal approvals by relevant committees and contract negotiation. We expect that you have experience within one or several of the commodity areas we aim to strengthen.
You have the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Identify structured / non-standard trading & customer-based opportunities
- Grow and innovate client’s Origination business and drive PnL generation
- Identify potential new clients and follow-up on current leads
- Manage and drive onboarding process for new counterparties until deal closing
- Facilitate decision making processes, potentially involving executive group management
Internal coordination with Legal, Trade Control, Reg Ops, Market and Credit Risk, Finance
- High degree of commercial focus, strong business acumen and P&L responsibility
- Ability to structure power, gas, cross-commodity, complex energy transactions
- Ability to drive transactions from idea to closure through all approvals
- Experience in physical and financial energy markets
- Existing network in the energy trading market
- Strong self-motivation to achieve PnL in a challenging and rapidly evolving environment
- Fluent in English
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- High assertiveness and solution-focused thinking
What do they offer?
At our client you will work in an open and entrepreneurial environment. We offer you a challenging and independent job in a professional, dynamic working environment.
You can play a part in shaping the future in a company which enables a fossil-free living.
Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, we value a great work atmosphere. We offer competitive remuneration, attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
The location of this position is Amsterdam.
For more information about this vacancy and our client, please contact Hans de Geus by phone (+31) 652 306 250 or e-mail email@example.com.