Data Engineer (Data Warehouse Developer/BI Developer/ETL Developer)
For our client we are looking for a Data Engineer with specialist knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI), ETL processes, SQL, Data Vault and relational/dimensional modelling to join their data and analytics team.
As a Data Engineer you are primarily responsible for designing, building and maintaining a new central, global data warehouse, collecting and managing vast amounts of data from multiple sources all over the world (including our vessels) and modelling it for end-users organisation-wide.
Together with key users, you will work on new analytics solutions or improve existing solutions to provide better insights, develop and maintain ETL processes, and enhance the data retrieval and reporting procedures critical for company reporting tool(s), Oracle BI / Microsoft Power BI.
Our ideal candidate will have at least three years’ experience: knowledge of SQL, ETL processes and relevant experience setting up and maintain a central Data Warehouse using Data Vault, relational and dimensional modelling technics. Experience with Data Vault is a key aspect for this role.
- design, build and maintain companywide global Data Warehouse (could be cloud based!)
- manage data coming from multiple domains (sources) and modelling such it can be used by the end-users/ Allseas organisation
- develop/ maintain ETL processes
- regarding projects, review proposals for development and advice
- maintaining and improving general security of the applications and control access of end-users
Your Professional Skills
A pragmatic approach with proven experience with setting up and maintaining Data Warehouse using Data Vault, relational -and dimensional modelling.
Besides this you will have
- HBO degree in IT or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with ETL processes/ tooling
- Fluent English language skills is essential, Dutch language skills is considered a plus
What are the benefits
- The opportunity to develop your career in a challenging multinational high tech environment, as well as abroad
- Technical knowledge deepening through the diversity of projects
- The responsibility for complex solutions
- A competitive salary and bonus
- Salary Review annually per 1 January
- Good career opportunities due to the diversity of position
For more information about this vacancy and our client, please contact Mark van den Kimmenade by phone (+31) 0624 976 570 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org