Project Cost Controller
A challenging international operating offshore company. Executing EPIC projects like installations, removals and (subsea) constructions for the major league in the oil & gas industry. These projects are carried out with a fleet of high-tech offshore work ships
The Project Controller works within the Project Control Department.
The department is part of the wider Project Services group and acts as a service department to the projects undertaken by the company, providing both planning/scheduling expertise and cost analysis reports detailing the company’s (financial) performance.
With sufficient experience and knowledge gained (in depth or general) and proven capability in the field, the Project Controller may be eligible for the title of Senior Project Controller at the discretion of the supervisor and Management.
- Participate actively in the tender process for new projects;
- Provide day to day finance and administrative support to the project teams;
- Prepare a monthly forecast of expected costs and revenues for the remaining part of the project, discuss with the Project Manager and distribute;
- Analyse and explain the main deviations from the project budget on a monthly basis;
- Supply the treasurer with a monthly cash flow overview of costs and revenues (actual and forecast);
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of Variation Order Requests, internal budget revisions; and the initiation of invoices to clients;
- Control the timely and correct invoicing to clients and follow up on overdue receivables;
- Control the accuracy and completeness of all booked commitments and invoices in co-operation with the Project Manager and departments;
- Train, educate and support new (junior) staff;
- Contribute to the optimisation of administrative and financial processes and procedures within the department;
- Initiate and co-ordinate improvements specifically related to project administration;
- Prepare the project financial close out.
Your Professional Skills
- MSc / BSc degree in Business Administration or Accountancy or BSc / MSc degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years cost control experience, preferably in an offshore environment;
- Knowledge of accounting;
- ERP software experience, preferably Oracle.
What are the benefits
- The opportunitie to develop your career in a challenging multinational high tech environment, as well as abroad
- They provide an competitive package appropriate to your background and experience.
- Salary Review annually per 1 January, in between and in case of promotion
- Good career opportunities due to the diversity of positions
For more information about this vacancy and our client, please contact Hans de Geusby phone (+31) 652 306 250 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.