Renewable Originator – Stockholm
Our client is one of the European market leaders in the generation of renewable energy and is primarily active in Scandinavia, Germany, UK and the Netherlands.
Business Area (BA) Markets maximises the value of client’s portfolio by optimising and dis-patching, hedging and sourcing for client’s assets and sales positions.
They offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment.
They serve as single market access to energy commodity markets trading in gas electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. They are the architects and owners of algorithmic trading solutions and manage the risk for the company wide gas positions.
They are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. They are active across Europe with around 500 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and The UK.
Within Markets, the Business Unit Customers is responsible for the Commodity Origination business. They offer our customers the opportunity to trade energy commodities, providing portfolio manage-ment services and generate profitable origination transaction.
In addition, they take over the optimization and market integration of renewable assets.
The location is Stockholm.
As a renewables originator you´re expected to negotiate Potheyr Purchase Agreements, Corporate Power Purchase Agreements and enable green supply to our customers.
Additionally you are asked to identify, develop, negotiate and implement new business opportunities and mitigate our risks.
Deal closing includes all internal approvals by relevant committees and contract negotiation.
They expect that you have experience within the energy markets and the Renewables field.
You have the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Identify and negotiate Power Purchase Agreements and Corporate Power Purchase Agreements based on asset base or fully external
- Close alignment and joint work together with Business Area Wind on companies asset pipeline
- Grow and innovate companies Origination business and drive PnL generation
- Identify potential new clients and follow-up on current leads
- Manage and drive onboarding process for new counterparties until deal closing
- Facilitate decision making processes, potentially involving executive group management
- Internal coordination with Legal, Trade Control, Reg Ops, Market and Credit Risk, Finance
- High degree of commercial focus, strong business acumen and PnL responsibility
- Strong knowledge of the European energy market are mandatory
- Strong track record on PPA and CPPA deals in Europe
- Ability to structure power energy transactions
- Ability to drive transactions from idea to closure through all approvals
- Existing customer network in the energy market
- Strong self-motivation to achieve PnL in a challenging and rapidly evolving environment
- Fluent in English and or German, Dutch or Swedish
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- High assertiveness and solution-focused thinking
What do they offer?
- At our client you will work in an open and entrepreneurial environment.
- They offer you a challenging and independent job in a professional, dynamic working environment.
- You can play a part in shaping the future in a company which enables a fossil-free living.
- Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, they value a great work atmos-phere.
- They offer competitive remuneration, attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- The location of this position is Amsterdam, hybrid working is currently the norm.
For more information about this vacancy and our client, please contact Hans de Geus by phone (+31) 652 306 250 or e-mail email@example.com.