About our client
A challenging international operating offshore company. Executing EPIC projects like installations, removals and (subsea) constructions for the major league in the oil & gas industry. These projects are carried out with a fleet of high-tech offshore work ships
This is an environment where you will be stimulated intellectually and in terms of technique to go to extremes. An inspiring work environment where you
can challenge your creative thinking. “Not a job but a career”
For our multidisciplinary Innovations Department we are looking for a Senior Structural Engineer.
At the structural department you work together with 14 colleagues, mostly with a proven track record in the field.
In this inspiring environment, surrounded by dedicated results-oriented engineers and designers, there are numerous possibilities to develop yourself quickly.
From the moment that you start, a mentor will provide guidance and support. As your career develops, you will take on bigger and more challenging projects, lead a team of engineers and mentor your own new starters to make their success happen.
“Not a job but a career”
- Start of the project: ensure expenditure approval or investment proposal in in place, containing a budget, resources CTRs, a schedule and the project execution plan;
- Stakeholder management: Maintain a healthy relationship with all suppliers and act as the primary contact for suppliers and authorities;
- Project organisation: Establish a multi-discipline, fit for purpose project organisation in co-operation with discipline leads;
- Co-ordination: Co-ordinate all project activities (including those related to subcontracts) in order to achieve the best performance of the entire organisation
- Safe performance: Ensure safe performance by creative and fit for purpose designs and work methods, knowing the work and risks and by demonstrating safety leadership;
- Project control: Manage cost, discipline man-hours and vessel day budgets and adequately forecast until end of project and ensure the forecast remains current;
- Contract management: Identify and review/approve variation order requests, variation orders, and other changes to the contract and subcontracts;
- Coaching and knowledge sharing: Coach and mentor (Assistant) Project Managers, Construction Managers under supervision or as appointed.
Your professional skills
- BSc or MSc degree in Aerospace, Civil, Maritime, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent;
- A minimum of 10 years’ offshore installation experience, preferably heavy lift or pipelay;
- A minimum of 3 years’ offshore industry project management position;
- Extensive experience working in multi-disciplinary teams;
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken;
- Excellent contractual, negotiation and people management skills;
- Good risk management and awareness skills.
- The opportunity to develop your career in a challenging multinational high tech environment, as well as abroad
- Technical knowledge deepening through the diversity of projects
- The responsibility for complex solutions
- A competitive salary and bonus
- Overseas- and/or offshore allowances
- Salary Review annually per 1 January
- Good career opportunities due to the diversity of position