Lead Structural Engineer – Offshore Structures
About our client
Our client is a multidisciplinary engineering firm providing full design, engineering and consultancy services to the Oil & Gas, Renewables/Offshore Wind and Leisure market.
They design and engineer complete platforms and infrastructure for the oil & gas and renewables/offshore wind industry, deck lay outs, cable & pipe laying solutions for marine environment, great observation wheels and much more!
Our Lead Structural Engineer will lead his own team of structural engineers and monitor the progress and planning. You will advise on technical matters in other projects and act in a consultancy role towards our clients. You will perform the necessary design analyses together with the team and studies with accompanying reports independently.
You will also be coaching other engineers and on behalf of the company you will be monitoring and discussing the progress with the project manager and with the client on occasion.
To give you a better understanding of the job we described your day to day activities below.
As a Lead Structural Engineer you will be engineering projects for the Offshore Wind Market such as:
- The complete structural design of substructures (jackets, monopiles et cetera) for Offshore SubStations (OSS) including the transportation and installation thereof;
- The complete structural design of topsides for Offshore SubStations (OSS) including the transportation and installation thereof;
- The design of transport and installation provisions such as lifting points, spreader frames, guides, bumpers, grillages, seafastening et cetera;
- The design of secondary steel components such as working platforms, boatlandings, J-tubes, cable hang-off clamps, anode cages etc.
For the Offshore Oil & Gas market you will engineer;
- The complete design of substructures (jackets, tripods, monopiles et cetera) including transportation and installation thereof;
- The complete design of topsides including transportation and installation thereof;
- The design of installation provisions such as lifting points, spreader frames, guides, bumpers, grillages, seafastening et cetera;
- The design of platform components such as Living Quarters, (Blast)walls, bridges, ventstacks, flarebooms, crane pedestals, helidecks, boatlandings, riserclamps, bumpers et cetera;
- The design of platform modifications such as deck extensions & modifications for new or replacement of equipment;
- The design of subsea structures such as wellhead protection frames, side tap protection structures and PLEMS & PLETS;
- The decommissioning engineering for topside and substructures;
- Platform Life Time extension studies.
- In order to deliver the designs you will make global strength analyses consisting of:
Load out, Upending, Lifting, Transport, Transport fatigue, Installation/stabbing, On-bottom/Unpiled, In-place, In-place fatigue, Vessel impact/collision, Seismic, Redundancy/Pushover, Lifetime extensions, Foundation piles, Pile drivability and more.
And you will also make detailed strength calculations for:
Welded connections, Grillage and Seafastening, Vessel/barge deck strength , Nodes & joints (eg diamond plates), Detailed buckling checks of shell structures, Lifting points (eg padeyes & trunnions), Rigging selection, Weight and Centre of Gravity (CoG)/ Centre of Buoyancy (CoB) calculations, Weight Control Reports, Bolted connections and more.