Senior Structural Engineer Heavy Lift Engineering
Job description Senior Structural Engineer Heavy Lift Engineering
About our Client
A challenging international operating offshore company. Executing EPIC projects like installations, removals and (subsea) constructions for the major league in the oil & gas industry. These projects are carried out with a fleet of high-tech offshore work ships
This is an environment where you will be stimulated intellectually and in terms of technique to go to extremes. An inspiring work environment where you can challenge your creative thinking. “Not a job but a career”
The Heavy Lift department oversees the concept, basic and detailed engineering phases for the removal or installation of topsides and jacket structures up to 60,000 ton for both the oil & gas and renewables industries.
The Heavy lift department consists of a creative and multidisciplinary mix of Heavy Lift Engineers, Structural Engineers, Naval Engineers and Draftsmen.
Since 2016 the department has successfully contributed to a total lifted weight of 330,000t with a record breaking year in 2022 of 123,000t.
With an order book of another 31 assets, we will continue to contribute to decommissioning of offshore structures and provide services for the offshore renewables industry.
The engineering involved includes the design, analysis, working procedures, material take off- and offshore engineering support for the various phases of the installation or removal. This can be subdivided into preparations, removal, transport to and load-in or load-out engineering.
- Define the structural scope of work, methodologies and progress
- Perform design studies and prepare plans defining the structural element of the project scope
- Prepare budgets and schedules for all project structural design work
- Carry out concept, basic and detailed calculations and simulations
- Develop procedures for using and testing the installation or removal aids and discuss outcomes with project and offshore teams responsible for the execution
- Raise material take-offs related to the above
- Update Unit Head Heavy Lift Engineering (or delegate) on work progress
- Provide ongoing support during the offshore phase
- Co-ordinate fabrication work of project aids fabricated in-house or by a subcontractor as required
- Review subcontractor equipment design and installation or removal methods
- Prepare relevant input for the engineering close out report
- Provide input and feedback to improve departmental standards, working methods and guidelines
Your Professional Skills
- BSc / MSc degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Relevant experience is preferred
- Experience with structural engineering software (FEMAP, GeniE) is preferred but not a prerequisite
- Highly organised with a hands-on, no-nonsense mentality and ability to work on own initiative
- Fluent English
- Desire to develop your career and take on increasing responsibilities
- Willing to travel and work offshore
- Affinity with the offshore and/or marine environment is preferable
What are the benefits
- The opportunitie to develop your career in a challenging multinational high tech environment, as well as abroad
- Technical knowledge deepening through the diversity of projects
- The responsibility for complex solutions
- A competitive salary and bonus
- Overseas- and/or offshore allowances
- Salary Review annually per 1 January
- Good career opportunities due to the diversity of position